Charming Vacation Rental
for nature-oriented recreation & repose
Scenes from the neighborhood around 908 Hudson Road
View across the steet
It's always a gorgeous drive
Hudson Creek is famous for its beauty
Avid kayaker or canoer?
Chesapeake Country House sits at the head of Hudson Creek, which Cruising the Chesapeake, A Gunkholer's Guide, calls "Indefineably different. Perhaps peaceful best describes it...."
The rockfish are biting and our expert guide knows just where they hang out. And you can cook them up along with some fresh crabs caught just up the street up right on our grill!
Chesapeake Country House
is an ideal year-round setting
for seasonal goose, duck
& deer hun ting.
We can help arrange
for an expert guide
to take you to the
grounds in North America.
ere is a unique opportunity to stay in a charming, historic home in the Neck District, Maryland's most beautiful, unspoiled areas. This adorable east-facing 100-year-old home sits on a generous lot (over an acre) with forever waterviews, mature shade trees, flowering perennials, roses, large fenced vegetable garden, breezy patio, wide covered front porch and more. This home is ideal for cycling enthusiasts, kayaker and canoers, hunting parties, and folks seeking an affordable, serene getaway close to boating, wildlife, kayaking and nature-based fun.
Nestled in the Village of Hudson and overlooking picturesque Hudson Creek, Chesapeake Country House is situated in the center of one of the foremost hunting and rockfishing areas of North America. We can arrange for hunting and fishing guides for your next expedition
Chesapeake Country House Amenities
- Sleeps up to six comfortably with an extra cot and 2 airbeds for more
- Forever water views of picturesque Hudson Creek
- Large upstairs bathroom with large jaccuzzi tub
- Full bathroom downstairs
- Spacious sunny, fully appointed kitchen with tile floor and lots of cabinets, coffemaker and grinder, bar, microwave, dishwasher, double sink
- Completely renovated
- Two staircases, spiral in living room, staircase from kitchen to master bedroom
- Vaulted ceilings in 2 bedrooms
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Three bedrooms or 2 bedrooms plus office
- New replacement windows throughout
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- Efficient pellet stove with stainless steel lined chimney and electric baseboard heat
- Wide front porch with gorgeous water view
- Patio with grill and stone table
- Tree swing
- Secure shed for bike storage or equipment
We accept Visa, MasterCard & checks.
for availabilities, contact us
908 Hudson Road is located 1 hour from Annapolis, 2 hours from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD, and just over 3 hours from NYC.
906 Hudson Road is 10 miles from downtown Cambridge, Maryland
Chesapeake Country House is just a 2-hour drive from DC and Baltimore and a little over an hour from Ocean City's popular ocean beaches. We are 1 mile from the Neck District firehouseand a general store and 3 miles from the Ragged Point Public Marina. Chesapeake Country House makes an adorable vacation home or even a spacious year-round country residence.
|About the Area
Chesapeake Country House is located in the picturesque Neck District of historic Cambridge, Maryland, est. 1684. (For more about the area, visit tourdorchester.org).
Chesapeake Country House is an ideal setting for Eagleman triatheletes or any cycling enthusiast. We are directly on a premier bike route that meanders along the Chesapeake Bay on one side andlovely creeks along the other -- Rte. 343, the route of the Eagleman Triathalon included in Dorchester County's Biking Guide.
Download this handy app to track your progress.